.eu domain names can only contain:
- Alphabetical characters a to z
- Numbers 0 through 9
- Hyphen (-)
- Unicode characters from the Cyrillic, Greek or Latin scripts. Click here for a complete character list.
- Your .eu name cannot combine characters from different scripts. All the characters must come from a single (1) script: Cyrillic or Greek or Latin. The numbers 0 through 9 and the hyphen are part of every script.
- Your name can’t start or end with a hyphen (-).
- It can’t have hyphens in the third (3) and fourth (4) positions at the same time unless the hyphens are preceded by the characters ‘xn’ and the domain name can be converted to a valid IDN.
- It can’t start with the characters ‘xn--‘ and contain Unicode characters.
Domain name length
- Your .eu name must be at least two (2) characters long (not including the .eu extension). If you want to register an IDN, apply this rule before converting your name into an ACE string.Some names are still considered too short even though they are two characters long. This is becausecertain two-character combinations can also be represented as a single Unicode character.
- Your .eu can’t be longer than 63 characters (not including the .eu extension). If you want to register an IDN, apply this rule after converting your name into an ACE string.
Last Update: August 3, 2015
August 3, 2015 72 .EU
Total 0 Votes: